1. Little Ladies Necklace - For each necklace purchased, we teach an underprivileged child to make the same design to keep or gift to a caregiver in classes at local community centers.
2. Birthstone Charm Necklace - Customized just for mom with hand-wired gemstones of your choice and a vintage heart. (And on sale now!)
3. Vintage Scarf - Whether tied around a tote handle, wrist, or neck, Mom will find endless ways to wear one of our handpicked vintage designs.
4. A Year of Jewelry - An Elva Fields exclusive mailed to mom every other month!
5. Freshwater Pearl Vintage Bangle - A timeless classic getting serious magazine love lately (as seen in Justine, Essence, and Family Circle magazines.)
6. Statement Earrings - Our best-sellers! Lightweight, gorgeously golden, ready to wear with EVERYTHING...and under $50!
7. Vintage Tassel Earrings - Combining glamour (vintage Yves Saint Laurent? yes!) and fun (swinging silk!) these beauties are right on time.
8. What's In Your Jewelry Box? Kit - Let Mom mail in a treasured-but-unworn family heirloom from her jewelry box and collaborate with us on a design created just for her that features it!
Just in time for Mother's Day, we dreamed up our most fun gift-giving goodness yet: a subscription box of jewelry!
How does it work?
- Order the subscription and enter your email address at checkout, and the gift recipient's shipping information where indicated.
- Once we receive your order, we'll email to confirm your contact information AND the recipient's so we can be in touch along the way.
- The first gift, our vintage birthstone charm necklace, will arrive in time for Mother's Day, created especially for her with gemstones for each birth month that you chose for the design. (We'll handle that by email as well!)
- Five more gifts will arrive, one each in July, September, November, January, and March.
- A few weeks before each gift ships, you (or the recipient - again, your choice) will receive an email featuring the exclusive jewelry options for the next gift. You (or she) will select a style from the proposed designs that will arrive in the next gift box, wrapped and ready to enjoy.
- Should you prefer that we select each gift for the recipient, we're happy to do so and will simply send a gift every other month from our curated selections.
- We promise each gift will be such fun to receive, and it will be our sincerest desire to surprise and delight with every gift we send.
- Sound fun? Then hop on over to add the subscription to your shopping cart. Need a bit more information? Feel free to reach out - we're always happy to hear from you!
I've always loved to paint. Perhaps, unlike cooking, it doesn't skip a generation. My mother is an artist, with a skill so innate I'd swear she was born with a paintbrush in her hand. Or, perhaps it does skip a generation here and there, now that I think about it. My grandmother was a great admirer, supporter, (and collector) of art, but not so keen on the making of it, insisting up until her final years that she was "still looking for her talent." My great-grandmother, however, adored painting, even taking classes throughout her life, and I love that the Elva Fields studio gallery wall shows off a floral still life painted by Elva Fields herself.
Somewhere along the line, though, despite my joy in putting brush to paper and canvas, I somehow--and maybe even subconsciously--determined that I had to choose between jewelry and painting as a career path. And, once jewelry was the choice, I convinced myself that any temptation to pursue painting as a business would be nothing short of disaster. Essentially, I built a wide, invisible, dividing-line wall between the two. I painted exclusively for fun: thank-you notes and postcards, gifts for friends, backdrops for photo shoots, doodling in the margins of to-do lists, and rainy-day painting with my daughters. And I've loved it.
But lately (as in the-last-three-years lately) I've felt a pull to put my painting out there on a larger scale, to a wider audience beyond friends and family. I largely ignored the instinct, mostly because I'm a huge chicken and also because I was following the unwritten rule I'd made for myself so long ago, and in addition to being a huge chicken, I'm also a very well-behaved rule follower. (Mostly.) I'm also, as it turns out, a gal who follows her heart...even in matters of business; in recent weeks, I've taken a closer look at my position on the separation of gems and paint and realized I could change my mind. Like an artist's palette, I'm seeing there are shades of gray between the black and white.
So, I've gathered a small collection of work to share for now--all original works on paper painted in gouache and watercolor that show the start of something new here at Elva Fields. Or, rather, something not-so-new but representative of a more full, vibrant, and--dare I say--authentic Elva Fields. How fitting that the collection makes its debut headed into Mother's Day weekend, an unintentional but timely tribute to the mothers and grandmothers who share and shared their gifts so beautifully with me, and, now with you.
Make a difference in another's life in honor of the mother who makes a difference in yours. Our latest limited-edition earring--just in time for Mother's Day--is an updated version of our vintage love knots, this time with a gorgeous golden banded interlace design, a symbol and reminder of connectedness.
A portion of each earring purchase supports your choice of three amazing and worthwhile organizations that work each day to change lives and serve others with compassion, kindness, and respect:
- The Cabbage Patch : a 106-year-old organization that reaches at-risk families and youth through recreational, educational, and service-based programs and opportunities from tutoring, mentoring, after-school classes, scholarships, and much more.
- Kentucky Refugee Ministries : providing resettlement services to refugees through faith- and agency-based co-sponsorship in order to promote self-sufficiency and successful integration into the community.
- The Healing Place : reaching men and women suffering from drug and alcohol addiction through one of the nation's most effective and hopeful programs, providing tools for recovery and restoring productive lives
Your gift will arrive wrapped and ready for giving with a note explaining the impact of the earrings and the specific charity they support. It is our hope that this small-batch style may be of service to the greater good, bringing love and light on this Mother's Day and beyond.