A few things I'm loving lately:
1. After I saw the beautiful creations Joy Cho of Oh Joy! crafted with this marbling kit, I knew it would be a fun and colorful project for my favorite middle-schooler. (She may be too cool for many things these days, but thankfully not for making art with her mom.) I have so many ideas for our next attempt, and this first try at marbling was a hit. (And there are plenty of materials in the kit for future trials!)
2. Tig Notaro has been a favorite of mine since her Taylor Dane bit (I still cry laughing every time) and her new podcast, Handsome, with Fortune Feimster and Mae Martin brings so much laughter and joy to my Tuesdays.
3. Speaking of crying (though not crying laughing), that's what I was doing by the end of this beautiful (as the title would suggest) book. In the best way. I love a story of family dynamics, humans making their way among the broken bits of life, and eventually creating and finding their own wholeness.
4. I'm so excited to finally have some wearable Elva Fields merch, and especially in honor of our 20th birthday last month! It's my new favorite hat, and you can have one, too!
5. Delicious on its own or with bourbon, my most-loved of Modica's superfood goodness in a bottle is the Tart Cherry Old Fashioned (and I don't typically care much for cherry, but this is really great.) Cheers!
A few things I'm loving lately:
1. I suppose there are worse things to which to be addicted, but I cannot seem to get through a single day this summer without at least one glass of this refreshing drink. A kick of jalapeño, a bite from the citrus, all tamed by mango's sweetness, over ice in my favorite tumbler. (No tequila needed - it's a treat on its own.)
2. Though this series arrived on Netflix in April, and it's been on my list since then, it wasn't until a cross-country flight a few weeks ago that I had a chance to check out one of my favorite actors in her latest role as an American diplomat to Great Britain. (I've loved Keri Russell since Felicity, along with her wonderful work in Waitress and August Rush - she even wore a pair of Elva Fields earrings in her series Running Wilde back in 2011 with one of my other favorite actors, Will Arnett.) The Diplomat is smart, suspenseful, and highly entertaining...and I'm already waiting for the next season.
3. Maddie is the beautiful human we are all pulling for; she is endearing, painfully self-aware, and entirely herself, and I found myself cheering her on every step of the way. There aren't many books that are exponentially enhanced by experiencing their audio version, but Maame is certainly one of them: the narration is splendid, and brought Maddie to life with heartfelt honesty.
4. I had the pleasure of meeting Suzanne, the owner and founder of One Love Organics, several years ago at The Southern C's Summit, and I instantly connected with her and her company's focus on clean ingredients, outstanding quality, and thoughtful production here in the U.S. (In the Golden Isles of Georgia, to be specific.) I've adored everything I've tried from OLO, but this cleansing oil just hopped to the very top of the list. It removes my daily sunscreen in one pass, smells amazing, and leaves my skin refreshed, clean and moisturized. I snagged mine from Credo on sale a few weeks ago, but it's on sale now on One Love's site - no code needed.
5. A car passed me on a walk a few weeks ago, and I caught a few notes of a song I hadn't heard in years. I was immediately transported to one of my favorite concert moments ever: a surprise confetti drop in the fourth-ish row of a tiny standing-room-only venue with a beautiful friend. (Love you, Amy!) My love of early 2010s electro-indie-pop has since resurfaced, but I've also thrown in some hints at bluegrass, folk, and a bit of soul for our latest Spotify playlist. Happy listening!