The Calico takes its name from the classic woven textile that often displays beautiful floral prints, and the vibrant patterns of these two strands of handmade African glass beads (part of a centuries-old tradition in Ghana) is at once colorful and classic, not unlike the celebrated fabric. Mixing blues and oranges with touches of white and yellow, the gathering is eye-catching, especially with the addition of golden brass beads at back. Longer in length, both functional and flattering, the necklace measures approximately 23" at its shortest strand and clasps with a gilt copper toggle.
Hand made in small batches this summer, a very limited number of this style is available.
* We will give a portion of the purchase price of each necklace to your choice of among four wonderful organizations working for social justice. (See below for more information on these options!) Please designate your selection in the Gift Note section during the checkout process. If a selection is not indicated, we're happy to choose one on your behalf!
- The Loveland Foundation - Donating specifically to their Therapy Fund, this gift will provide financial assistance to Black women and girls across the country seeking mental health/therapy services.
- Equal Justice Initiative - EJI works to end mass incarceration, excessive punishment, and racial inequality. Their efforts include legal representation, public education, policy reform, and groundbreaking research.
- National Bail Fund Network - According to the Louisville Community Bail Fund (just one of 60-some funds this National Network includes) "Cash bail is one of the aspects of the criminal justice system that keeps communities wrapped up in systemic slavery and in debt." Donations will help bail out those in need AND provide support once they are released.
- Change Today, Change Tomorrow - Based in the West End of Louisville, their #FeedTheWest initiative provides much-needed meals and groceries to a food-challenged population (there is one limited-hours grocery store for the entire population.)
Recently Viewed Products
is added to your shopping cart.
is added to your wish list.